Some small and medium-sized businesses view hiring a creative agency as a luxury reserved only for big companies with well-known brands. Many have heard stories about the “dangers” of outsourcing. The truth is, getting your creative work from an agency does not have to be a painful experience, and at one time or another most companies, big and small, will eventually outsource some creative work. Your company will benefit if you are able to select a firm that fits. Here are three compelling reasons to consider outsourcing your creative department:
Groupthink is a slippery slope than can be difficult to avoid. To minimize conflict with management, in-house creative staff may compromise their work. This creates stagnations and “more of the same” outputs that leave a company or brand looking flat and dated. When you outsource your creative work, you are allowing multiple pairs of creative eyes to work with your business to produce a refreshing image.
Let’s be honest, most business owners and marketing managers are have their hands full making sure everything is running smoothly within their organization. Having to stop and be creative on-demand is close to impossible. Letting a professional creative team build your brand gives you the reassurance that they will be able to build a cohesive and recognizable brand across all marketing platforms- print, web, social media and packaging.
Most companies don’t consistently need creative work done. Having in-house graphic designers could potentially cost a company more money. By outsourcing your creative department you are able to call on expert graphic designers, copywriting and production managers only when you need it.
There are definitely advantages to outsourcing your creative department. However, many people are not sure how to hire a firm. Here are some tips when evaluating a creative agency:
- Do your research. Don’t just go with the first creative firm you find. Ask colleagues, customers, and other professional organizations for suggestions. Visit the company’s website and view their online portfolio.
- Meet in-person with a representative from the firm. This will help you gain a deeper understanding of the firm’s personality.
- Review their client list and ask about past projects. Ask for references.
- Do you feel comfortable with the person you will be working with? Will they be able to get back to you in a timely manner? Can they meet your deadlines?
- Take time to discuss their pricing structure. When evaluating the cost, ask how value is added to justify certain pricing structures. For example, working with a freelancer will probably cost less than working with an entire firm. In the long run, you may be saving money by choosing to work with a team of experts who can provide a wide range of services under one roof.
Outsourcing can make your business easier to run and more profitable. You’ll free up time and resources so you can concentrate on your core business concerns. Creative firms offer a broad range of services to move your company forward. More than ever, business survival depends upon the ability to effectively market and promote your services. It might just be time for you to give outsourcing your creative a try.
Thanks for reading along, and if there is anything at all the Marketing Plus team can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com or call our office at (559) 840-2393!