As the world is opening up, in-person tradeshows are starting to be held. Marketing Plus hit the road in April to travel to Orlando, Florida for the first in-person tradeshow since the pandemic started in 2020. So, what is to be expected as you return to in-person events – the good, the bad, and the ugly:
- Wearing your mask on the plane 🙃
- Individual snack packs and limited service on the plane 😏
- Increased Uber fares to and from airport and convention locations 🤨
- Temperature scans when entering exhibit halls or other events 🙃
- Increased aisle spacing 🙂
- Increased cleaning protocols 🙂
- No room service in hotel room 😖
- Plated dinner at reception vs. buffet 🙂
- Decreased attendance due to company travel restrictions 😥
- PEOPLE EXCITED TO GET BACK TO A TRADESHOW 🥳
While the show experience was not quite “normal,” it was still great to get out and get back into tradeshows, see people from the industry in person, and stretch those tradeshow muscles that have been dormant for the last year. And while the traffic was slower due to companies still issuing travel restrictions, the excitement of returning to in-person events was overwhelmingly unanimous from exhibitors and attendees.
So, if your company needs help getting back into the groove of tradeshows, give us a call or send us an email!